Accommodations & Transportation
The Teaching for Experience Workshop and Symposium are an immersive, residential experience. To get the full benefit of the workshop, we highly encourage full participation in all day and evening events, including sleeping in the dorm.
Travel Notes for TFE Workshop 2018
All TFE Workshop 2018 participants should plan to arrive on the Masters School campus between 4pm and 6pm on Sunday, 6/16. The following four Hudson Line trains from Grand Central Terminal to Dobbs Ferry will have a shuttle to campus waiting at the station:
- 3:21 Departure from Grand Central, arrives 4:04 to Dobbs Ferry
- 3:43 Departure from Grand Central, arrives 4:19 to Dobbs Ferry
- 4:08 Departure from Grand Central, arrives 4:43 to Dobbs Ferry
- 4:19 Departure from Grand Central, arrives 5:03 to Dobbs Ferry
- 4:36 departure from Grand Central, arrives 5:11 to Dobbs Ferry
The workshop will end by 1:00 p.m. on Friday, 6/21.
General Travel & Accommodation Information
Please find general travel directions to our campus by clicking the button below. Note that we will arrange shuttle pick-ups from the Metro North station in Dobbs Ferry at specific times on your arrival day, in case your travel involves taking the train! Stay tuned via email for those shuttle times.
Additional taxi and limo services include:
- Around Town Taxi | 914-361-0139
- Greenburgh Taxi | 914-592-4949
- Westchester Airport Car Service | 914-216-2797
- Westchester Express (provides private and shared car services) | 914-417-4280
- Westchester Taxi & Limo | 914-946-9111
- To and from NYC Airports: NYC Airporter shuttle (goes to Grand Central, connection to Metro North train) www.nycairporter.com
Information about Lodging, Meals and Workshop Space:
- Sheets, blankets, towels and pillows are provided.
- Rooms are single or double occupancy. All rooms have air conditioning.
- All meals are provided in either Dobbs Ferry or New York City.
- The workshops and seminars will be held in The Masters School's science and technology building, Morris Hall.
- It is usually hot in June and July in New York City. It often rains as well.
What to Pack:
- Dress for all events in Dobbs Ferry and New York City will be casual and informal.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended for expeditions into the city.
- There is free and ample parking at The Masters School.
Telephones and Computers:
- There are no telephones in the dormitory rooms.
- Wireless access is available throughout campus.
- Participants may want to bring their own laptops.